Re: [hylafax-users] DID Feature

Ravindra Reddy wrote:

Is there any way I can accomplish this job? as you
said in earlier email with DTMF. If so could you
please tell me how can I configure modem configuration
file?

You mentioned earlier that you have a second number being *forwarded* to a different line. So I think that the answer is no.

My suspicion is that if you had DID capable services that you'd probably understand better the matter at hand.

You have phone lines going into your PBX. *If* somehow your PBX knew which number were dialed, and *if* your PBX could forward the DID digits to the modems as DTMF tones after the modems answer the call, then you could signal DID via DTMF to HylaFAX.

That said, it doesn't sound like your PBX has any idea what the dialed number was, and so at that point you're not able to route based on dialed number.

Now, if you had each phone line with a single number connected to one modem each, then you could route based on the device name... and so you infer the number dialed from the device used. But without specific DID services being provided to you by your telephone company you won't otherwise know what number was dialed.

Thanks,

Lee.