Re: [hylafax-users] Is it possible to specified the filename of .tif of the recieved fax?

Hi Darrick,

Thanks a bunch! This is exactly what I needed! It works. :-D

Have a nice day!

Pim

Darrick Hartman wrote:
Pimjai Wesnarat wrote:
No. Sorry that I was not clear enough.
I mean to make Hylafax automatically save it in other specified name.
e.g. I want to use a unique ID as the file name instead, something like that.

I thought you were perfectly clear. If your intent is to use these files for archival purposes, you might look at the script I'm using for a client. I have an example in my wiki. I archive them as a pdf, then have a cron script that moves the pdf out of the /var/spool/hylafax area into a samba share, but you could easily adapt the changes to rename the files and leave them as tiffs.

http://www.djhsolutions.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hylafax_modifications

Darrick