Re: [hylafax-users] Windows Client and coversheets

I fought with the same issue. WHFC wasn't that great but it worked, WinPrint was okay but again the lack of a decent cover page was a pain. The client offered by iFax is terrific but you have to shell out $ for it. It's reasonably priced but in today's tight budget environment, trying to get the boss to shell out $35 per seat for something only a few people used was not popular.

So I came up with the best of iFax client and WinPrint. This takes an extra step in printing but it works and it's free. I installed the fax service component and WinPrint HylaFAX on the windows workstation. When I want to send a fax I use the fax printer and then just before it prints, you are given the choice to preview the fax. I choose this and then print the preview through the WinPrint HylaFAX client. This will send a nice cover sheet with all the fields filled in properly and no need to redesign.

Matt Miller <mmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently set up a Hylafax server. What I'm looking for is an easy
(little to no learning curve) way to fax from Windows machines connected
to the same network. I'd like it to send a coversheet with the user's
information (name, company name, etc...) as well.
I've got Winprint HylaFax sending faxes from Windows machines but can't
seem to get a cover sheet to send. Hylafax does send a coversheet if I
log into the server directly and use the sendfax command.
I googled this and couldn't find anything, save other people having
similar problems (one from this list a few months ago).
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get Winprint Hylafax to send
coversheets or different software that yields similarly easy way to send
faxes for the user?

thanks,

--
Matt Miller