Re: [hylafax-users] can HylaFax work under telephone operator ?

Lizard Computers Sales wrote:

Hello all.

I have in my organization 50+ phone lines dedicated for faxs.
Those 50+ lines connected to an operator that sends the faxes to 8 modems + the line ID of the line that recived the fax (last 4 digits).

What i wanted to know is does HylaFax can route faxes to e-mails using this line ID ?

Yes, depending upon how that call actually occurs. Most PBXes will do this by calling the modem, waiting for it to pick up the line, and then to dial the digits (via DTMF), and then patch the actual fax call through.

If so, how do i do that?

Look in 'man hylafax-config' for SHIELDED_DTMF; there's a configuration example in there. A look at the archives should help, too.

The only caveat is to make sure that your modem also supports DTMF digit delivery, usually in voice mode according to IS-101 spec (most voice modems are this way).

Lee.