Re: [hylafax-users] faxrcvd customization

Am 2005.10.25 04:28 schrieb(en) Albert Jumaquio:
I'm using Hylafax 4.2.2 with an Eicon Diva Server modem.

Hello Albert,

I use version 4.2.1, so you have to check if it's still the same in your version of the scripts.

Things are working fine but I need to customize how i receive fax alerts. I am using WHFC as my client and I made a faxcover using latex and it seems fine. But i need to have the values under my faxcover (regarding, comment, etc) to appear at the top of my fax alerts.

This is only possible for documents you have sent. When you receive a fax you may have the values in the cover page image but not in usable form. (You could use OCR, but that's not a reliable solution.)

The only place that I see where i could do that is faxrcvd or
notify.

Notify is the right place but the values you need are not available in the default script.

The script has a function parseQfile() which extracts all values from the Q-file to shell variables. This function does not include all values present in the Q-file.
Look at a Q-file and find the values you need, for example "company", "regarding", "comments", and add these to the AWK script in function parseQfile().
Then you will have variables you can use to create the mail message in notify.

Bodo