Re: [hylafax-users] Faxgetty not picking up

Is the modem bios current?

FWIW, unless you are absolutely STUCK with the USR,
I'd recommend buying a better modem. After fighting
multiple types of receive failures for a month I
switched to a Multitech MT5634ZBA-V92 for about $160
that made 99.9% of my problems go away. I now get one
failure (usually a disconnect which a line or "far
side" problem anyway) in, oh, 200+ receptions and a
sender retry inevitably gets through.

May save you some grief.

Laker

http://www.usr.com/support/3294/3294-files/3combman.pdf)