Re: [hylafax-users] logging

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

In /etc/syslog.conf, I've got:

	## HylaFax, configurable in /usr/local/spool/hylafax/etc/config
	local5.*                /var/adm/hylafaxlog

I have had this line in /usr/local/spool/hylafax/etc/config file
for a couple of years:

LogFacility: local5

I notice now that since Sept. 14th, HylaFax logging stopped going into
/var/adm/hylafaxlog, and instead appears in /var/adm/syslog.
Sept. 14 is the day that I installed 4.2.2rc1.

Do I need to declare LogFacility in a different place?

There are apparently three different places where LogFacility can mean different things. For hfaxd, it's in hfaxd.conf. For faxq it's in config (the one you're discussing), and for faxgetty/faxsend it's in config.<devid>.

I didn't test LogFacility in hfaxd.conf or config.<devid>, but setting LogFacility to my facility of choice in config does get the FaxQueuer logs to appear in that log as configured in syslog.conf.

Please double-check your findings.

Thanks,

Lee.