From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Funk
Sent: 14 September 2005 16:06
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ISI5634UPCI/8

Hi All,

Just as a general question.  I have 2 of the ports dedicated to receiving
faxes from only a couple customers.  These are larger businesses and I
receive 100% of their faxes correctly.  Then 3 of the other ports are in a
hunt group, and we receive faxes from small businesses (audit records)  I'm
guessing that the faxes we receive from the 2nd group are coming from a lot
of cheap fax machines and or fax/modems.  Is it realistic to think that I'll
ever receive more than 90-95% successful from that 2nd group given the vast
number of different fax machines??

Thanks
Chris

> Chris Funk wrote:
>
>>Sep 12 09:40:40.81: [24105]: RECV received frame number 46 Sep 12
>>09:40:40.85: [24105]: RECV received frame number 47 Sep 12
>>09:40:40.97: [24105]: FCS error Sep 12 09:41:25.83: [24105]: EOT
>>received (end of transmission) Sep 12 09:41:25.83: [24105]: Received
>>premature V.34 termination.
>>

>>Unfortunately, there's nothing that HylaFAX can do here.
>
>>The modem tells us that we got an FCS (frame check) error - and that's
>>not that unusual, but from that moment on we don't get any data at all
>>until the line disconnects 45 seconds later.
>>

>>You could try running Class 1 instead of Class 1.0 and see if the same
>>kinds of "sudden disconnections" occur.  If they do, then it's
>>probably not the modem firmware (as V.34 will not be used with Class 1).
>>
>>Lee.
>

> Thanks Lee.  I'll try the class 1.  Here is another error I have been
> getting on that modem.
>
> "Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier."

I don't know if this is related. However I recently pretty much eliminated
the above error by downgrading the firmware on another brand of multitech
modem (MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92) from 1.32i to 1.25p.

I would assume there is some common code between the different firmware and
it might be the cause of your problem.

Steve Tuckner at Multitech provided me with 1.25p firmware awhile back.
He might be able to shed some light on the potential problem you have and
the one I had.

Mike