Re: [hylafax-users] No answer (T.30 T1 time-out) for SOME fax numbers

Just some more info on problem I had.

Error is

"No answer (T.30 T1 time-out)"

when modem is identified as class2(2.0)

and "No carrier detected"

when identified as class1.

Fax would send to some fax machines but not others
(see previous emails for pattern)

Background is that I had to reinstall hylafax after
problems on the server. I had a backup copy of the
config.modem file that had been used originally. We
had the same hardware so I saw no reason to change
configuration.

Eventually I did try other configuration files.
Nothing helped.

In an old log file I saw lots of the error messages
above so I began to think this problem predated my
re-install of hylafax (and the whole o/s btw).

So I bought a new modem and tried it at home. Worked
fine to the fax machine that had been giving me the
problem.

I took this modem and the config file generated by
faxaddmodem and put it on the other linux box. It
worked. Great. Gee .. it must have been the modem. NOT

I have the "bad modem" at home. I ran faxaddmodem on
it and lo and behold it now also sends the fax to the
machine that heretofore was giving it problems.

So ... if you get those 2 errors above I'd suggest you
create a new config file with faxaddmodem and see what
that does.

I needed to better understand the config file and all
its parameters.

Peter