Re: [hylafax-users] No answer (T.30 T1 time-out) for SOME fax numbers

--- Peter Schoenster <pschoenster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Error is "No answer (T.30 T1 time-out)" when modem
> is
> identified as class2(2.0) and "No carrier detected"
> when identified as class1. Hylafax works with both
> configurations. It will send faxes to many numbers
> with either configuration(s). (I took configurations
> from the /config directory and used those ... made
> only a change to dial out of the PBX and some
> identifiers).
>
> using
> hylafax-4.2.1
> on
> 2.4.20 #2 Wed Aug 10 23:53:11 EST 2005 i686 i686
> i386
> GNU/Linux redhat and modem is
> MODEM USR U.S. Robotics 56K FAX EXT V5.2.9
> V32bis,V.80,V.34+,x2,V.90,V.92 Fax Options Class
> 1/Class 2.0 Line Options
>
> I can send faxes to local numbers and to
> long-distance
> numbers. I have no troubles sending faxes to lots of
> fax numbers.

Just an update.

So I'm at home. I bought a Creative Modem Blaster V.92
serial, external, identified in my logs as MODEM
ROCKWELL RC288DPi/ACF3_V1.088-V90_P21_FSH

My server at home:
2.4.23-3.caos #1 Fri Jan 23 09:09:50 EST 2004 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

I had to install libtiff, same version I have on the
other box.

I installed hylafax (one oddity that I had CP aliased
as classpath and in port/install.sh it had
CMD=my_actual_classpath, so I fixed that)

I ran faxsetup and just accepted all the defaults.

I then ran faxgetty myself - faxgetty -D ttyS0

Well .. I could send a fax to the number that I could
NEVER send a fax to from my other box. With the other
box I would get "No answer (T.30 T1 time-out)" , now
the fax just went through.

Same version of hylafax (hylafax-4.2.1). Same version
of libtiff (tiff-3.7.3). Different linux but similar.

I gotta think the big difference is the modem.

I have a very basic config.ttyS0. The config on the
other box was one that had always been there, I did
not write it although I did try many variations from
the original.

On my box at home I did not make the symlink
/dev/modem to /dev/ttyS0 yet that is the way it is on
the other box (always was, at least that is the way it
was in the config file I used so I made the symlink).

Anyhow, I'm going to put this new modem on the other
box, change the config file to match config file on my
box at home ... it should work.

Peter