Re: [hylafax-users] Wating for Modem to Come ready

--- "Terry D. Boldt" <fastsnip-hylafax1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Any ideas on how to get HylaFAX to quit wating and
> starting running?
>
> Using HylaFAX 4.2.1-23 on Fedora Core 3.
>
> faxgetty is running also.

# sendfax -n -d xxxxx /home/pschon/fax
request id is 210 (group id 210) for host localhost (1
file)
# faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on x.x.x: Running
Modem modem (+x.xxx.xxx.xxx): Initializing server

is how it works for me.

When I set this up I did not have faxgetty running.
Often times I would see "waiting for modem" but it
would eventually work.

While trying to solve another problem I saw that I
should setup faxgetty to run even for outbound. So I
put a line in inittab

m0:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty  modem

But when I run faxsetup it doesn't respawn faxgetty
... it kills it but doesn't respawn it. I have it in
rc.local. So now when I go to send a fax my modem says
# ...  Running and idle

I do this

# /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty  -D modem

(modem is link to ttyS0)

# faxstat -s
# Initializing Server

and off goes the fax (not always being received but it
tries)

Be sure you have faxgetty really running

ps ax | grep faxgetty

and is it tied to the device

# ps ax | grep fax
23048 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
23050 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i
hylafax
23102 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D
modem