Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax has stopped respecting ModemreadyState

Lee Howard wrote:
Stephen Carville wrote:

I recently attempted an upgrade to 4.2.2beta5 but I had to back down to 4.2.1. Now hylafax doesn't seem to respect the modemreadystate. I have in the config for three of my modems:

ModemreadyState: B

which should keep the modem from being used for outgoing faxes. However, my test faxes are going out these modems anyway.

It is possible I screwed something up when I tried to reinstall 4.2.1 over 4.2.2beta5?

Hrmm... I use "ModemReadyState: D" all of the time. Maybe try "D" ?

I went back and carefully deleted all of the executables I knew were part of hylafax. I then moved /var/spool/hylafax to /var/spool/hylafax-4.2.1. Then I mkdir'ed /var/spool/hylafax anew.

I installed 4.2.2beta5, copied the relevant foel from the old directory, forced faxgetty to restart on all modems, started hylafax, and all is working. I must have screwed up somewhere the first time.

Hopefully thsi will cure that other problem...

--
Stephen Carville <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Unix and Network Admin