Re: [hylafax-users] Script Error on 4.2.1 faxsetup

* Harrison, Bruce (CXO) <Bruce.Harrison@xxxxxx> [050831 10:52]:
> Hello All!
>
>    I get the following when I run /usr/sbin/faxsetup
>
> Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) 4.2.1.
> Created for i686-pc-linux-gnu on Tue May  3 03:19:46 EDT 2005.
> Found encoder: /usr/bin/uuencode
> /usr/sbin/faxsetup: line 321: 5: Bad file descriptor
> Looks like /usr/bin/uuencode does not support base64 encoding.
> Checking system for proper client configuration.

> Any Ideas?

Did faxsetup not finish?  It looks like it continued fine...

That "error" happened when capture tried to run uuencode to produce
base64 encoding (which faxsetup dually noticed didn't work).

I'm not quite sure why "(...) > /dev/null 2>&1" printed an error - we
would need more information on what version of bash, etc you are using,
and try and replicate that, but faxsetup should have noted the error
correctly, and continued on to finish it's setup.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103