Re: [hylafax-users] hosts.hfaxd question

* Bruno Santos <bvsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [050826 11:18]:
> hello.
>
> i've set the file hosts.hfaxd to allow connections from part of my
> network. i've read the man page but regarding the services through hfaxd
> service, is not totally clear...
> wich services are those ??? sending faxes with client software ?

Yes.  HylaFAX clients are only allowed to connect from the settings
specified in hosts.hfaxd.

> ive configured the email-to-fax capability.
> i've send a email from an ip not listed in hosts.hfaxd file, but hylafax
>  was able to send the fax...
>
> how can i prevent this ?

It's a mail server configuration issue.

HylaFAX doesn't accept the SMTP connections.  It accepts faxes from
HylaFAX Clients (including your email-to-fax setup).

So, all your email->fax will appear to come from the same IP.  HylaFAX
can't distinguish where the e-mail originated from.

You will have to configure you MTA to only accept email for your fax
domain from certain IP addresses.

> my hosts.hfaxd file is:
>
> localhost
> 127.0.0.1
> .*192.168.2.1   # qualquer pessoa desta rede pode enviar
> !192.168.99.0   # rede da informatica, nao pode enviar
>
> ^faxuser@::kI9IAP77yyFW
>

> is something wrong in here ?

From the HylaFAX perspective - nothing is wrong.

You have to tighten up controls on your MTA ( sendmail, or postfix?) if
you want to prevent "outside" users from mailing your email-to-fax
gateway.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103