[hylafax-users] How do I confirm running version?

I'm a little puzzled.  I downloaded, compiled and
installed version 4.2.1 on a Redhat Linux 9 box that
had NO previous installation (RPM, etc) of hylafax on
it.  On those occasions I get an email about a failed
fax reception (COMSPEC or RSPREC for example) is
indicates I'm running version 4.1.8 (???) Is there a
command I can issue that will report back the
installed version?

Also, I had four modems set up and have reduced that
to two for the time being.  How do I completely remove
the old modems (ttya03 & 04)?  I hand edited inittab
to stop faxgetty from respawn them, but the configs
keep re-appearing in .../hylafax/status and I keep
getting warnings that they're wedged even though they
no longer appear when I do a faxstat.  I have searched
the archives, but not found a solution that works.

TIA!

Laker