Re: [hylafax-users] brooktrout tr1034 compatibility with HylaFAX

Geoffrey wrote:

We are looking for a enterpise fax solution and I was wondering how a stock HylaFAX install will work with a brooktrout tr1034 board.

"Stock" HylaFAX won't work with Brooktrout equipment.

Can I expect it to work 'out of the box' with a stock build of hylafax source on Red Hat Enterprise? I have searched the archives, found references to this board as being a good choice, but the website seems to indicate that I would need support fromm ifax.com. Does that mean they have a driver that works with this board that does not come with stock HylaFAX?

Well, it's not a driver, but yes you will need what iFAX has to give you or you'll need to get the API from Brooktrout and write your own faxgetty/faxsend for the hardware (and you probably don't want to do that).

I understand that Brooktrout wants to try to equate their name with "enterprise faxing", and I can respect that. However, I think that you'll find user experience here that shows that you can have just as good, if not better, enterprise faxing with other hardware, too.

Lee.