Re: [hylafax-users] pdfs...

Not sure if this is a done and dead topic, but heres what I did.

I rewrote faxrcvd to take the tiff, create a comparably named post
script (which got tossed to a printer), create a PDF of the fax, delete
the post script once its printed, and delete the original tiff once the
other processes have been completed.

If your interested, heres the full faxrcvd file

--------------
#!/bin/bash
nameroot=`echo $1|tail -c17|head -c16`      ## parses file name
pdfname=`echo $1| tail -c17 | head -c13`pdf ## adds .pdf to one name
psname=`echo $1| tail -c17 | head -c13`ps   ## adds .ps to one name
postscriptname=`echo /var/temp/psoutput/$psname` ## includes path
fax2ps /var/spool/hylafax/$1 > $postscriptname  ## converts tiff to ps
lp -d printername $postscriptname  ## prints the ps
rm -f $postscriptname  ## removes the postscript
mv /var/spool/hylafax/$1 /home/faxrcvd  ## moves the original
tiff2pdf /home/faxrcvd/$nameroot > /home/faxrcvd/$pdfname ## converts 2
pdf
rm -f /home/faxrcvd/$nameroot  ## removes original
chmod 644 /home/faxrcvd/$pdfname  ## sets perms on pdf