[hylafax-users] Problems with faxing PDF-files

Title: Problems with faxing PDF-files

Hello list,

I've had a running hylafax 4.2.0 on RHEL 3, compiled from source. Now we upgraded to RHEL 4 and at the same time, we decided to move to hylafax 4.2.1. Since there was an RPM available, we directly installed it instead of compiling.

Now the problem: in order to have the PDF converted, there needs to be a mention of
MIMEConverters : /var/spool/hylafax/mimetype
In hyla.conf
I found that hyla.conf file in /etc/hylafax and added also other information:
PageHeaders: OFF
KillTime: "now +24 hours"
When faxing a PDF file through our mail to fax gateway, we get the PageHeaders faxed (despite of the  "PageHeaders: OFF" above) and also, the mention "DISCARDED application/pdf GOES HERE". Even though I configured /var/spool/hylafax/mimetype/application/pdf exactly like in the 4.2.0 version. What is wrong here?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen - kind regards - Meilleures salutations - Vriendelijke groeten

Erich Iseli

VETROTECH SAINT-GOBAIN INTERNATIONAL AG
3000 Bern 22  -  Stauffacher Str. 128
Tel: +41 (0) 31 336 81 08