[hylafax-users] Problem on the Patent Front

As I mentioned in my last (more important) post, there was a reason I
thought of Hylafax tonight.

I think everyone involved in hylafax development should read this post on
Groklaw tonight:

Basically, J2 Communications (the eFax people) are suing a bunch of
competitors using a patent on "Fax over Email" and several related topics.
The competitors use Open Source software (including Hylafax it seems) and
I think this may be a real risk.

The article is important enough that at least the core developers should
really look at it and see a) if they need to be concerned and b) if there
is prior art that they can provide.

As I mentioned, Hylafax has worked wonders for our business, and I would
be happy to help defend it against this threat.  If there is anything I
can do, please ask.

Bill