Re: [hylafax-users] Notification not working.

Am 2005.08.02 04:03 schrieb(en) Bruce Whittaker:

I wrote:

>Call the notify command manually as user uucp and look for error
>messages. You should find the command line in syslog if your
>ServerTracing is high enough.

I did that an I recieved the following where there appears to be an
awk error, some printf errors and an issue with recipient addresses. Has anyone seen this before ? Any ideas on fixes ?

awk: 0602-521 There is a regular expression error.
        ?*+ not preceded by valid expression.

 The source line number is 37.
 The error context is
                                  >>>  gsub("*","",status) <<< ;

Hello Bruce,

this is a known bug.
Replace
"*"
with
/\*/
or use a different awk. (IIRC gawk accepts the string syntax.)

Try this first. Probably this will make the other errors disappear.

+ returnToSender
printf: 3016-001 Specify a number instead of .
printf: 3016-001 Specify a number instead of .
printf: 3016-001 Specify a number instead of .

Probably a variable which is expected to hold a number is empty. If the first fix does not help, insert set -x in function returnToSender().

+ [ -n  ]
+ echo
+ echo --NextPart37010--
No recipient addresses found in header

Probably variable "mailaddr" is empty and therefore sendmail does not find an address in the message. I hope the first fix will help.

Bodo