Re: [hylafax-users] Assertion failed "Invalid Str[] index", file "../util/Str.h" line 109.

Lee Howard wrote:
Davide Pagnin wrote:

Hi All

I've run into this problem and after searching on the list, I've found no useful hint of the possible problem.

lug 26 15:14:36.20: [ 8247]: SEND end page
lug 26 15:14:36.20: [ 8247]: SEND FAX (000000981): <removed> (page 2 of 2 sent in 0:27)
lug 26 15:14:36.20: [ 8247]: SEND FAX (000000981): <removed> (page 3 of 2 sent in 0:00)

The problem (In my understanding) is that there is no "page 3"!!!
(the fax is composed by 2 pages).

I have really no clue of where this error came from, but perhaps there is a subtle bug laying around...

My recommendation would be to try the latest CVS HEAD and see if you can reproduce the problem there.

There was a lot of work done between 4.2.1 and now that involves some of this code, and it's possible that the problem was fixed. But from this I'm not able to tell what, exactly, the error is. Maybe someone else can, but the problem's not obvious to me.

Lee.

Well. At the moment I cannot use the CVS HEAD for production systems and I have not the sufficient amount of sent faxes from testing systems for catching this issue. At the moment, this problem has happened 2 times on about 500 faxes.

The worst thing is that it is not repeatable, the two failed fax has been succesfully sent when I've tried to reproduce the error.

Anyway when 4.2.2 will be out, I'll upgrade and report if the problem persist.

Davide