[hylafax-users] Conversion of .pdf to .ps for sending through Hylafax

I've read several posts that say Hylafax has no trouble with accepting .pdf
files instead of .ps from a client and sending them.  I'm running Hylafax
4.20 on a Gentoo distro. With Ghostscript GNU 8.15.  I wrote the client
myself for Windows XP in Delphi and it communicates with hfaxd via the
documented command set for creating jobs, sending the files and submitting
the jobs.  It works well as long as I only send postscript native files.  In
sending a .pdf, the system receives it but does nothing to convert it to .ps
so that when the scheduler tries to send it, it dies as a bad file since it
is still in .pdf format.  I don't find any hfaxd command that triggers a
conversion on the server end nor do I see that any config files have entries
that specify autoconversion, yet several posts actually say that the system
has no problem with this.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Michael
mlb@xxxxxxxxxx