Re: [hylafax-users] Faxstat sorting SOLVED

Andrea Nicolini wrote:
> Giulio Orsero wrote:
>
>>On 7/19/05, Andrea Nicolini <andrea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>1) Does anybody know how the list of modems is determined when using
>>>faxstat?
>>>..
>>>But how can I change that order after the modem creation?
>>>I searched for a file containing the list of ttys everywhere in
>>

>>/var/spool/hylafax/status/*

Ok, I solved the mistery.
Giulio was right when saying that the directory to look in was
/var/spool/hylafax/status.
The fact is that hylafax performs a readdir() on
/var/spool/hylafax/status and the results are sorted not by name but by
inode number.
So if you need to reorder the ttys in faxstat simply delete the tty
files in /var/spool/hylafax/status and recreate them in the right sequence.

Bye.
--

Andrea Nicolini
Team Software S.r.l.