Re: [hylafax-users] Cant seem to get caller ID working.

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

* Mark Ratering <techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [050621 11:21]:

I have a HylaFax server on a SuSe 9.2 box. I used MiniCom to verify that Caller ID was getting passed to HylaFax when a call came and the included logfile shows this as well. When faxrcvd is called the parameters for caller ID are blank. Can anyone give me some insight into what is going wrong?

Have you set up the CIDName CIDNumber options in config.ttyS0?

*note that these options changed in 4.2.1+*

You probably should upgrade to at least 4.2.1, probably 4.2.2beta1, or
even current CVS.  Current CVS is in a release-cycle right now, so it's
been hit on a bit, and is quite stable, and will hopefully become 4.2.2
soon.

a.

I'm running 4.2.0 which is the SuSe package. Because this is for a company i would like to stay with SuSe packages so i can receive security updates easily. What do i need to change in config.ttyS0?

-Mark