Re: [hylafax-users] Anyone using Hylafax with Internet Phone

> >	I'm trying to use Hylafax with Vonage.
>
> There's your problem right there.

	Does it matter that its directly into a Foundry router with a
100Mb/s connection to a Tier 1 IP provider.... Not a Cable or DSL connection.

> >	What would be the first thing to look to tackle to fix this?
>
> You'd want to look for an analog phone line to the PSTN from your local
> telco that is not VoIP.

	When the datacenter wants $50 a month JUST for the x-connect, and
then the telco wants $25 or so a month for something we might get 2 faxes
a month, and make 1 call every 2 months..... It just doesn't make financial
sense.

> If you want an explanation about why VoIP shouldn't be used for faxing,
> see the archives.

	I understand some of the gotchas, just wondered since I saw some
that have gotten it to work better, so wondering where to tweak. Maybe
ECM or something else I can do.

		Thanks, Tuc