Re: [hylafax-users] Is this because of NFS?

* Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@xxxxxxxxxxx> [050610 23:02]:

> 	I'm running my queues and everything over NFS.... I'd imagine this
> is the "Can't flock over NFS" issue I'm running into?
>
> 	Is there something more safe that can be used instead of flock if
> so?  Is there a config change I can make to point to something locally?

Depending on what NFS server/client you are using, flock can/will work.
HylaFAX uses flock (and port/flock.c can emulate it with fcntl and
lockf, if your OS provides either of those in working order).

So, you need locking to work.  If your OS provides flock/fcntl/lockf
that works on NFS, HylaFAX can be made to work on NFS.  If you can't
lock on NFS, hylafax won't work on NFS.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103