Re: [hylafax-users] US Robotics 5610B config files?

Rob wrote:

Having some issues with this modem and am wondering if anyone could
point me to a location with example class 1 and/or class 2.0 config
files for USR modems. After doing a number of searches today I'm no
closer to a resolution that when I started.

The prototype config files are as good as they come.

Issue is as follows- with rtscts in class 2.0 I'm getting No response
to MPS messages. With xonxoff I'm getting the first five pages in a
nine page fax fine, but six through nine I'm getting perhaps one inch
of the right side of the page all the way pushed over to the left.

Sending us log files would help us help you. That said...

Hopefully in your searches you've noticed that you should not use USR Class 2.0 because the USR firmware is known to be rather flawed. On top of that, if you're using HylaFAX 4.2.0 or newer you will support more features in Class 1 than the Class 2.0 firmware does.

It's generally understood that hardware flow control (RTS/CTS) on the USR modems is broken. I don't know if it applies to Class 2.0 or not, but you should stick with XON/XOFF.

So, switch to Class 1, xonxoff (re-run faxaddmodem). If you continue to have problems send the logs with SessionTracing set at 0xFFF. There are firmware bugs with USRs in Class 1, and we can't do anything about that, but by far they seem fewer than in Class 2.0.

Lee.