[hylafax-users] Hylafax does not dial

We have some trouble with making hylafax to dial a telephone number.

In our key telephone system we need to dial first 31 then 0 to get the dialing tone. We tested 'ATX3DT31,0,<number> with minicom and it worked perfectly.

Typing in the same string in the config.ttyS0 configuration file using ModemDialCmd shows no effect. Hylafax states 'no local dialtone'.

To find out what happens, we printed all commands between modem and serial device on a laptops' monitor. In result hylafax always sends a 'ATZ' string, followed by a lot of commands. This sequence starting with 'ATZ' is always repeated. There is no dialcommand in the sequence. I had actually expected to find all the commands from config.ttyS0 in the sequence, including the ModemDialCmd. Can you give me an explanation of this strange behaviour ?

When faxgetty runs, the 'lsof /dev/modem' command prints out that there are three or more faxgetty processes are running. What is the reason for that ?

Thanks for your effort

joe