[hylafax-users] sending faxes in pdf format via e-mail

Hi....

I work with the scripts that come in version 4.2.0-1 ...I configured the /etc/FaxDispatch file to send an e-mail depending on the device:

case "$DEVICE" in
       ttyS0)            SENDTO=garamirez@xxxxxxxxxxxx; FILETYPE=pdf;;
esac

In fact the mail arrives with a pdf file, but it's corrupt..

My solution was:

- Make sure you have the tiff2pdf installed
- Also make sure you have sendmail installed and it's working properly

Edit the /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd file, and add the following variable:

TIFF2PDF=tiff2pdf

Now, comment the lines:

$TIFF2PS -a -O $FILE.ps $FILE > $ERRORSTO 2>&1    # fax2ps out......
$PS2PDF -g$GW\x$GL -r$RW\x$RL $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf > $ERRORSTO 2>&1

and add the following:

$TIFF2PDF $FILE -o $FILE.pdf > $ERRORSTO 2>&1

and...voila!

I'm using Mandrake 10.1 Official

I hope this work for everyone who want to send pdf files...

Giovanni Ramirez
Director Soporte Tecnico
Humanavivir E.P.S. S.A.