[hylafax-users] Using us robotics modem with hylafax

Recently we installed Hylafax shipped with Suse 9.2 on our linux computer. Our modem is a 3Com U.S. Robotics which works perfectly with Ms-Windows.

We have 2 problems, hoping to get an tip from the audience.

(1) We can not send an fax to our internet email account (German 1&1) . This problem is due to an auto answering system on the remote station. Whenever the call is answered , there is a voice telling something. The modem does not get a fax calling-tone and does not start to send the fax. Transmission works, when a common faxmachine is used.

(2) Sometimes the modem will not dial at all . The WHFC-Clients points out a statement "Waiting modem to come ready". But the modem never becomes ready. In addition faxstat-s tells me, that my document contains 0 pages, though there are two pages in that document.

Thank you for any hints

Joe