[hylafax-users] Trouble with "\n" in comments

This script works on my RH8 box running
hylafax-4.1.5-1rh
but not on a machine running FC3 and
hylafax-4.2.1-1fc3 I get this error message:

500 'JPARM COMMENTS"': Syntax error, unmatched quote
mark.

#!/usr/bin/perl5

my $quote = "blah blah blah";
my $joke = "Why did the chicken cross the road?";

my $comments = "Quote of the day: " . $quote .
"\n\nDAILY HUMOR: " . $joke;

my $co = "AB Co."
my $recip = "5553335555";
my $filename = "file_to_fax";

system "sendfax",
"-c", $comments,
"-d", $recip,
$filename;

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Richard