Re: [hylafax-users] Occasional corrupt PDFs

Keith Nasman wrote:

I have an installation that is sending the faxes as PDFs to a mailbox.
95% of the faxes are perfect. The other 5% or so are unreadable, yet
when you go to the recvq, the TIFFs are just fine.

Has anyone else had this? My first thought is that this machine can
abuse the HD pretty hard at times and I wonder if the one of the scripts
is failing because of that.

I've found that our tiff2pdf conversion process (tiff2ps --> ps2pdf) isn't as good as libtiff's tiff2pdf. If you update libtiff to 3.6.0 or newer (don't use 3.6.1 unpatched, though) and current Hylafax CVS and rerun faxsetup libtiff's will be used instead.

Lee.