Re: [hylafax-users] Adaptive Answer and Microlink Basic

On Thursday 31 March 2005 02:28, Peter Schaefer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm using a ELSA Microlink Basic 56K for years very successful with
> Hylafax. Recently i enabled adaptive answer to occasionally receive
> a data connection handled by mgetty. This, however, doesn't work.
> Now the fax connections aren't handled correctly. In random intervals
> the modem either
>
> * detects a data connection where in reality it's a fax
> * or it says "Ring detected without successful handshake"
>    endlessly (till faxgetty is killed).
>
> The problems vanish with deactivating adaptive answer - doh...
>
> So, has someone on this list managed to get this to work?
>
> I'm using the Class2.0 configuration file that is shipped with
> hylafax ("elsa-microlink-56k-basic-2.0") and just added the lines
>
>    AdaptiveAnswer:        yes
>    ModemSetupAACmd:       AT+FAA=1
>
> to it.
>
> I also tried
>
>    ModemSetupAACmd:       AT+FCLASS=0+FAA=1
>
> with no luck.
>
> Firmware revision is
>
>    MODEM "ELSA AG, AACHEN (GERMANY)" "MicroLink 56k basic"/"Version 1.20 /
> 26.10.1999"
>
> and that is probably the latest and greatest, because of the demise of
> ELSA...
>
> Perhaps Class1 is better? How do i enable that with the configuration file
> shipped? Or do i need some magic init-string?

You're enabling both Hylafax's adaptive answer with "AdaptiveAnswer" and the
modem's adapter answer with "ModemSetupAACmd" at the same time.
Hylafax's adaptive answer and your modem's adaptive answer wasn't meant to
work together.  One generally uses either one or the other.   For your
configuration it would be better to use the modem's adaptive answer, so all
you should need to do is remove "AdaptiveAnswer".

George