Re: [hylafax-users] No carrier detected

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:09:49 +0000, Joe Hansen <joehansen12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I have noticed is, that particular number answers only after 5 rings!
> Could that be a reason? If so, what do I need to change in my settings, so
> that my faxmodem can wait for so long?

By default HylaFAX will tell the modem to wait 60sec for carrier.
If you see that the 5th ring is after 60 secs, say 80, you can try
adding this to your your config.<devid>
ModemWaitTimeCmd:    ATS7=90
if this solves your problem, fine, but then if you have many no
carriers with other destinations, this will lengthen the time it takes
to abort all those calls; so you may want to add the above setting
only for that specific faxno using destcontrols.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx