Re: [hylafax-users] hfaxd and faxq not started at init.

Koro@xxxxxx wrote on 11/03/05 08:55 AM:

Good afternoon all.. I have in /etc/inittab the following instructions

mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0

When I reboot the server and when I do
        ps -efa | grep fax

I only get the faxgetty process in execution, and I've not the hfaxd nor faxq
For starting those services, I must do manually:

/etc/init.d/hylafax start
/usr/sbin/faxq
hfaxd -i 4559

Does anyone know where I should put it to start them whenever I reboot the machine?
Thanks all!!!

I usually do:

cd /etc/rc.d
ll */*hylafax (this tells you which run levels it will be started or stopped at)
chkconfig --level 345 hylafax on (this sets it to start at run levels 3, 4, 5)
ll */*hylafax (to check that the changes took effect)

I don't know why you would have to manually do the faxq and hfaxd commands on top of that hylafax sysv start script. What is the hylafax script starting, if not those two commands?

Regards.

Martin