Re: [hylafax-users] "HylaFAX v4.2 beta 23 Window Xp"

--- Jess Sightler <jessesightler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> P wrote:
>
> >--- stefanamos@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> >> How building Hylafax from source code on Winwdow
> >>server?
> >> If compile Hylafax source code with Cygwin can
> use
> >>Hylafax on Windows?
> >> How do I configuration files on Windows system?
> >>

> >Your question is like asking how to put winfax,
> >Rightfax,<namewindowssofthere> running in linux...
> >HylaFAX depends on third-party tools, like
> converting
> >fax to postscript, pdf, tiff among other things.
> Using
> >Steve Underwood own words: "...faxing will
> >never work. No way. No how. No question." ;-)
> >
> >Pedro.
> >

> Yes, and if one had the time and inclination, I'd
> bet winfax, could be
> run under linux.  Wine (http://www.winehq.org/)
> provides a nice API
> abstraction layer for this.
>
> This was discussed briefly on the list long ago:
> http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2000-09/msg00180.html
>
> In short, it's possible, but probably quite a bit of
> work to get Hylafax
> running under Cygwin.  And noone has really shown
> any interest in doing so.
>
> --
> Jess

If people have problems with winfax running under
windows (natively speaking), you think using Wine
would be better?

The good of HylaFAX is that you can access the source
code. If no one showed interest on porting HylaFAX to
windows maybe it's because there is a reason (or no
reason at all), to not do it.

But, if someone *really* want it I think there are
only two ways: doing it yourself or paying for it.
Where the problem is I think it's the big question.

Pedro