Re: [hylafax-users] send me a color fax, please

Am 22. Jan 2005 um 03:24 Uhr schrieb Lee Howard:
I've gotten a test number set up now with HylaFAX color fax support (JPEG) (receiving only).

Is the use of JPEG a limitation of the HylaFAX implementation of color faxing, or is it required by the protocol?

I'm asking because in my experience, low resolution images and lossy codecs don't mix very well, especially when stupid users are involved - I've had enough of text in JPEGs which are compressed to the point of being utterly unreadable. I can just imagine people sending vanilla b&w letters in color, simply because their fax machine has a shiny button labeled "color".

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.