Re: [hylafax-users] problems since hylafax 4.2

Hi,

> > since I am running hylafax 4.2 on a Linux Redhat server I have
> > two big problems:
> >
> > 1. Some, but not many, PDF-documents will not converted to a
> > fax-format.
> > The faxes disappear and I do net get any message about the problem.
> > I have tried with pdf2ps also, but with the same result.
>
> You'll need to look at your server logs to say with any certainty.  You
> may need to increase your ServerTracing in
> /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config to get the logging to where it's
> noticeable.

I have changed ServerTracing to
ServerTracing:          0x201
but there are no important informations from hylafax for my problem.
I do not find an overview about all the settings of ServerTracing.
What is the best to find out more about this problem? Or where can I get an overview for the setting of ServerTracing.

> > 2. Sometimes (I do not know why or what are the reason) all the modems
> >
> > are ready and idle and a lot of faxes are in the send-queue but
> > nothing
> > happens. Also if I restart hylafax. Nothing happens.
> > Only if I remove all the faxes from the fax-queue, restart the hylafax
> > and
> > send new faxes, the modems are working normal.
> > I can not find any hint in log/messages about this.
>
> Again, you'll need to take a look at your server logs.  Or at least
> show the relevant parts to us.
>
> > Has anybody experience with this problems or any idea what happens?
> > I it not possible to get the logs of hylafax in a separate log-file
> > and
> > not in messages?
>
> You can configure your syslog however you choose.

Thanks I have changed logs to a separate logfile - that's great and more easy to watch what happens.

> > Why do I not get any log-information if there are problems with the
> > conversion?
>
> How do you know that there are problems with the conversion?  The
> sender should get a reply if there is a conversion problem, yes.

I found out that I got emails, but they was undeliverable
and they have no really content:

------>
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:01:22 +0000 (GMT)
Subject job to failed

Your  job to  was not sent because document conversion
to facsimile failed.  The output from the converter program was:\n
\n
Check any PostScript documents for non-standard fonts and invalid constructs