[hylafax-users] Custom quality checking procedure?

Hi,
I want to use hylafax for receiving forms with a barcode. I need to acknowledge (MCF) receipt of those faxed only, where barcode was readable.
To achieve this, a custom quality checking procedure is needed. It would have to be performed after fax image is physically received but BEFORE transmission is terminated.
Questions:

1. Is it possible, e.g. to pipe just-received TIFF fax image through a user-defined script which returns OK/ERROR depending on the contents?
2. Is it possible to provide a custom error message to be sent to the sender-faxmachine (e.g. "SEND AT HIGH QUALITY, BARCODE NOT READABLE")?

Thanks and best regards,
roman

PS Using 4.1.8 on RedHat 9