Re: [hylafax-users] Setting max page receive size

Lee Howard wrote:

> >  Just a quick one. Again, I've probably missed the blatantly obvious,
> > but how do you set up the maximum page size that HylaFAX is willing to
> > receive. I have the pagesizes and sendfax specific files set to A4
> > default, but when I did a loopback test on the server, I ended up with
> > it doing A3,
>
> In Class 1 receiving page size support is not a configurable item.  It
> could be, but it just isn't right now.  If it's something that you need
> then make a case for it on Bugzilla.

 Rather than causing extra work for yourselves, is it possible to make
sure that HylaFAX will not send at anything other than A4 pagesize, or
thereabouts?

 If an A4 tiff or ps file is committed to sendfax, all I want
to make sure of is that it will not send it at a larger size than
submitted. Obviously, if the receiver only accepts something like
lettersize, then conversion is inevitable, but I don't want the pagesize
expanding just because the receiver supports A3.

 If it can be forced into submission with regards to sending, reception
capabilities are not a priority.

 Pagesize, Pagewidth and Pagelength options are already set in hyla.conf,
for A4 size, but it still ignored them.

Thanks in advance,

Matt