Re: [hylafax-users] Distorted faxes being received by Hylafax

As I said already, HylaFAX does not place anything at the top of received faxes. Nor does it put anything anywhere on the received faxes. In fact, if using ECM, the faxes are as-is, virtually identical to the way the sender sent it. If not using ECM then there is a possibility of some line sizing fixes, which would account for, at most, some horizontal smearing and up to 5 lines of vertical corruption.

"Squishing" isn't anything that would normally be an effect of anything HylaFAX does to received faxes. Normally "squished" faxes (on the receiving end) are due to a TIFF viewer that doesn't like the compression type.

Lee.