Re: [hylafax-users] Feedback regarding Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U-NV

Donald, Adam wrote:

Hello

It's the guy with the extensive collection of USR modems who has received a rare purchase approval for a new modem and wants to make it count.

I am considering the Multitech MULTIMODEMZPX V.92 56K INT GLOBAL modem (MT5634ZPX-PCI-U-NV) for use with hylafax.

I see that there may have been some problems with firmware with this modem.

Can anyone recommend this particular modem or one very similar to it (i.e. around $70) that receives faxes flawlessly with hylafax?

Thanks again for all of the previous input, Lee!

Since mine came back from warranty and I upgraded to 4.2 (using class 1 ECM) I have had zero errors.  We've done a couple thousand faxes since then.
--
Steven Kurylo