Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Machine incompatible with Hylafax

Am 2004.12.03 09:17 schrieb(en) Lee Howard:
On 2004.12.02 23:49 support wrote:

I encounter a problem when I send fax to some fax machines. Some fax
machines will always give a busy signal to hylafax. Fax cannot be sent to them. However, if I use a typical fax machine to send fax to these fax machine, it will be successful.

The BUSY response comes from the modem itself, not from HylaFAX.

Hello Thomas,

did you try to connect the fax machine to the same phone line as the modem?

Do you use an ISDN line with a modem connected to an analog port of your PBX?

If both you and the other end have an ISDN line you might get a busy signal if the other end does not accept the service indicator you configured for your fax server.

Bodo