Re: [hylafax-users] sending .doc files to hylafax

Miguel Bertos wrote on 01/12/04 11:56 AM:

I send faxs type .tif, o .pdr, but i don.t send files, type .doc

I have instaled the start office in my lunix?

Trank.....

Why are you asking us? We don't know if you instaled start office in your lunix.

I'm guessing that is not what you meant to ask, but I can't really decipher what you are asking. I will assume the translation is:

"I can send faxes of type .tif, and .pdf, but I can't send faxes of type .doc."

"Do I need to install Star Office on my Linux machine?"

To which the answer is "no". Hylafax does not handle .doc files by default, and just installing Star Office is not a solution.

If you want to use Star/Open Office to open the .doc files, and then print-to-PDF, and then send the PDF to Hylafax, that is one workaround (though Hylafax itself is still only handling .tif and .pdf).

If you are capable of programming shell scripts, you MIGHT be able to figure out a way to use Star Office or Open Office from the command line to print-to-PDF or PS and then modify some Hylafax scripts to do what you want. I'm afraid I can't tell you off the top of my head which scripts might need to change or how they might change.

Regards.

Martin