From: Kimble Young <kimble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sylwester Rutkowski <sylwesterr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN DDI problems on linux with AVM modem
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:02:08 +1100

Sylwester,

The AVM Fritz doesn't do P2P which is required for DDI operation. Some people say it's because it's not an active card but I personally think the manufacturers just cripple the hardware/software to make you fork out more for cards with more features.

You'd need something like the AVM B1 or C4 or an Eicon card as it stands to get DDI working. Depending on where you come from the TEI is usually not an issue.

Sylwester Rutkowski wrote:
Hi,

I need desperately help in setting up DDI on ISDN line.

The problem is that when the NT (network termination) device is set in "normal" mode everything works without any problems. When the line is beeing switched to DDI mode the operator's switches do not see the device connected to the line and there is "the numer you are trying to reach is currently unavailable" error. The guy from the operator told me that it is possible that TEI is set to automatic and should be set to 00 (double-zero), but I cannot find where to set it.

The configuration of hylafax is set according to the guidelines, the outgoing options are:
OutgoingController: 1
OutgoingMSN: 3522660
SuppressMSN: 1
NumberPrefix:
UseISDNFaxService: 0 (I want to be able to answer regular faxes)
RingingDuration: 0

incomming parameters:

Controller:             1
AcceptSpeech:           1
UseDDI:                 1
DDIOffset:              35226
DDILength:              2
IncomingDDIs:           60-69
IncomingMSNs:
AcceptGlobalCall:           1

The system is SuSE linux 9.1, kernel 2.6.5-7.111-default, modem: AVM Fritz!Card PCI 2.0

Please help.

Best regards,

Sylwester