Re: [hylafax-users] error: T.30 T2 timeout, expected signal not received (4h faxmessage)

On 2004.11.23 06:48 dom wrote:

Nov 23 08:23:10.41: [ 2473]: RECV received frame number 251
Nov 23 08:23:10.41: [ 2473]: RECV frame FCS check failed
[AFTER 4:40 HOURS!!!! - nothing snipt here!!!]
Nov 23 13:03:39.60: [ 2473]: Timeout receiving HDLC frame
Nov 23 13:03:43.20: [ 2473]: Timeout awaiting synchronization sequence
Nov 23 13:03:45.70: [ 2473]: MODEM TIMEOUT: waiting for DLE+ETX

There are two problems here.

First, and the one that your posting of this here indicates, HylaFAX isn't "timing out" in this situation when it should be. It's getting stuck somewhere in the middle (probably the between-frame synchronization) of reading in HDLC-framed image data.

Second, and this is the one that I consider to be more relevant, the modem doesn't appear to be reporting NO CARRIER as it should. It almost looks like the modem locked up.

What kind of modem is this?

I've looked into other "lock ups" like this, and in every case that I've analyzed thus far it has been due to faxgetty getting stuck on a device read(), which it shouldn't do (blocking) because the device is opened with IO_NOBLOCK. This means that the driver or firmware may have a problem.

In any case, debugging this (to see for certain what the problem with HylaFAX is, if any, and fix it) would be nigh to impossible without the modem I/O tracing in the logs. To enable that you must set:

  TracingMask: 0x11
  SessionTracing: 0xFFF

in your modem config file.

Lee.