Re: [hylafax-users] Intel537 PCI modem driver install problem on Linux

pankaj  patel wrote:

> To buy external modem I have to show my IT manager a working FAX server
> with one test FAX.

 The point is, even a cheap external modem (apart from USR's, god forbid),
will generally be better than the majority of standard internal modems.

 You are having problems that you don't need to suffer, for the sake of
saving £20 to £30.

 There is a modem list on the HylaFAX website which lists known working
modems/chipsets. Believe me, the small cost will be well worth it. Either
that or downgrade to an older kernel to get your internal modem working,
as I believe Lee mentioned this is a kernel/driver issue in a previous
post, did he not?

Matt