Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax 4.20 under Linux Mandrake 9.2

If that suggestion doesn't do it, it could be the base64 issue. To check if this is the case, do view-source on the e-mail in your e-mail client program. Just before the big block of letters and numbers (your encoded document), you should see:

If you are missing the "base64" there, then this is probably the problem.

Apparently /var/spool/hylafax/etc/notify has the following lines:
ENCODING=base64
. etc/setup.cache

But setup.cache has ENCODING="" setting it to the empty string, which is what shows up in the e-mail. One or the other of these seems to have changed in 4.2.0, I'm not sure which.

I had this problem, and I repeated the ENCODING=base64 line below the setup.cache line and it worked fine after that.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Martin