Re: [hylafax-users] blank pages

Aidan Van Dyk typed (on Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:59:54PM -0500):
| * Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@xxxxxxx> [041111 13:29]:
| > Running hylafax-4.2.0.
| >
| > Consider the command:
| >
| > 	sendfax -n -d 19995551234 page1.tif page2.tif page3.tif
| >
| > It works as expected.
|
| What about:
|  	sendfax -m -n -d 19995551234 page1.tif page2.tif page3.tif

Aha.  That fails in the same way.

| > Now consider:
| >
| > 	sendfax -m -C /usr/local/lib/hylafax/coversheets/nyccover.ps \
| > 	-f TEST -r TEST  -c TEST -x 'JP Radley, Inc.'  \
| > 	-d 'Jean-Pierre Radley@19995551234' page1.tif page2.tif page3.tif
| >

| > If I send this to a computer listening with faxgetty, no problem.
| > But if the destination is a Brother fax machine, or an HP OfficeJet,
| > then only the cover page is properly received; for the three *.tif
| > files there appear pages with TagLines showing the Sender and Page 2
| > of 4, 3 of 4, or 4 of 4, but otherwise totally blank.
|
| So you are saying that faxgetty can receive this fine, but a "normal"
| machine can't?

Yes.

If I drop the '-m' option, I do not get blanks, but the quality of the
received pages is poor.

If I regenerate my pageN.tif files as pageN.ps, that works.

But why do the -m transmissions fail to "normal" machines but succeed to
faxgetty?

--
JP