Re: [hylafax-users] PPS error

El Jueves, 11 de Noviembre de 2004 20:57, Lee Howard escribió:

> If you *ever* see a PPR indiate that this many frames need to be
> retransmitted then there is an indication that something is not right
> with something deeper.  So flow control could be broken at whatever
> setting you're using (switch xonxoff to rtscts and vice versa).  Could
> be that the modem has an incompatibility of sorts with V.17 and this
> receiver.  I really don't know.  You'll have to test things.
>
> Lee.

Hi Lee:

I see that very often, but normaly that is not a problem.

I wonder how can I change xonxoff for rtscts or viceversa. I saw that in the
config.ttyS0 of a Rockwell modem, but in my Topic it doesn't appears... I
presume this is not a 'normal' modem (broken firmware) and I don't know if I
can touch this.

(Do you have something to do with the config file of Topic modems:
# $Id: topic,v 1.4 2003/07/25 16:23:26 lhoward Exp $)
                                                                ¬¬¬¬¬

I send you my config.ttyS0

Many thanks,

Imanol
config.ttyS0
# $Id: topic,v 1.4 2003/07/25 16:23:26 lhoward Exp $
#
# prototype config for Topic modems and other similarly broken firmwares
#

#
CountryCode:            34
AreaCode:               94
FAXNumber:              +34.94.xxx.yy.zz
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1041
SessionTracing:         1051
NoCarrierRetrys:        8
RecvFileMode:           0666
LogFileMode:            0644
DeviceMode:             0666
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          medium
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "XXX XXX"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "ENVIADO DESDE %%l|%c|Pagina %%P de %%T"
PercentGoodLines:       98
MaxConsecutiveBadLines: 1
#

ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint

# as of v1.20, +FTS is not supported, which will cause "Stop and wait"
# failures unless we use software pauses instead...

Class1PPMWaitCmd:       "<delay\0727>"  # \072 == :  to avoid awk problem
Class1TCFWaitCmd:       "<delay\0727>"
Class1EOPWaitCmd:       "<delay\0729>"
Class1SwitchingCmd:     "<delay\0727>"  # assumption: +FRS not supported